Certified In Production & Inventory Management
The APICS Certified in Production and Inventory Management or APICS CPIM designation is a professional certification offered by APICS (The American Production and Inventory Control Society). The program was founded in 1973. Since its inception, more than 100,000 people have earned the APICS CPIM designation
The APICS Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM) program is recognized worldwide as the standard in production and inventory control, a critical function within an organization for reducing costs and achieving a competitive edge.
Professionals, administrators, managers and supervisors in the functional areas of Inventory Purchasing Warehousing Traffic Materials.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Increase your functional knowledge of production and inventory management
- Improve efficiency of your organization’s supply chain
- Streamline operations through accurate forecasting
- Predict outcomes more accurately
- Maximize ROI on systems and technologies
- Increase profitability by optimizing your organization’s inventory investments
- Enhance your credibility among peers, employers and customers
- Understand the various functions within a company (such as purchasing, planning, finance, engineering) that are linked by the ERP system.
Through the CPIM preparation and exam process, you will gain knowledge, learn skills and best practices required to execute, control and improve internal operations within the four walls of your company.
CPIM Part 1: Universally recognized entry-level supply chain training
- Module 1: Basics of Supply Chain Management
CPIM Part 2: Comprehensive supply chain training for internal operations such as materials management, master scheduling, forecasting and production planning
- Module 1: Strategic Management of Resources
- Module 2: Master Planning of Resources
- Module 3: Detailed Scheduling and Planning Module
- Module 4: Execution and Control of Operations
About the Examination:
- 72-hours of Learning
- Two exams to earn the CPIM designation
- The CPIM program consists of five modules with two exams.
- APICS exams are delivered via computer-based testing (CBT).