Certified In Production & Inventory Management
The APICS Certified in Production and Inventory Management or APICS CPIMdesignation is a professional certification offered by APICS (The American Production and Inventory Control Society). The program was founded in 1973. Since its inception, more than 100,000 people have earned the APICS CPIM designation
Professionals, administrators, managers and supervisors in the functional areas of Inventory Purchasing Warehousing Traffic Materials.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Increase your functional knowledge of production and inventory management
- Improve efficiency of your organization’s supply chain
- Streamline operations through accurate forecasting
- Predict outcomes more accurately
- Maximize ROI on systems and technologies
- Increase profitability by optimizing your organization’s inventory investments
- Enhance your credibility among peers, employers and customers
- Understand the various functions within a company (such as purchasing, planning, finance, engineering) that are linked by the ERP system.
The CPIM program consists of five modules with an exam for each module that reflects critical areas in production and inventory management.
MODULE 1 – Basics of Supply Chain Management
MODULE 2 – Master Planning of Resources
MODULE 3 – Detailed Scheduling and Planning
MODULE 4 – Execution and Control of Operations
MODULE 5 – Strategic Management of Resources
About the Examination:
Candidates must pass five CPIM exams in order to become certified. By taking and passing the CPIM exams you demonstrate your commitment to your career and mastery of knowledge within a company’s global production and inventory activities.